We are no longer accepting internship applications for summer 2020. Check back this fall for information on summer 2021 internships.
Making the leap from college to the corporate? Follow along for some tips from the St. Louis Fed!
We also have a Spanish language version of the video.
We Have a Place for You
The St. Louis Fed provides a variety of paid internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Most assignments are project-based. In addition to work experience, Bank internships also provide mentoring, networking and training opportunities to benefit students’ personal and professional development. Interns will gain exposure to a variety of business areas in the Bank.
We have opportunities for students studying in a variety of areas:
The week-long Bank Interdisciplinary Experience (BIE) capstone project gives students an opportunity to use their learned skills on real Bank issues with a team of other interns. Interns will get to use knowledge gained during the summer from both workshops and on-the-job experiences. Intern teams present the project solution at the end of the week to a panel of judges composed of Bank leaders. Judges evaluate each presentation based upon a consistent rubric. The winning team is announced at the BIE Week reception and awards ceremony.
Benefits and Culture
- Perks: fitness center, mentor program and business casual attire
- Work Culture Groups:
- Wellness Committee
- FEVR (Fed Employee Volunteer Resources) Group
- Green Team
- St. Louis Fed Employee Resource Groups (ERGs):
- African-American Council of Talented, Innovative and Visionary Employees: AACTIVE supports the African-American community at the Bank.
- Asian Employee Resource Group: AERG supports the Asian community at the Bank.
- Central Pride supports LGBTQ+ employees and their allies at the Bank.
- Valuing, Inspiring, Empowering Women: VIEW creates awareness around gender-related issues and experiences at the Bank.
- Serving, Educating, Reaching Veteran Employees: SERVE supports the issues and goals of military veteran employees at the Bank.
- The Disability ERG promotes awareness and understanding of people with disabilities through advocacy and allyship.
What can you expect in the Eighth District summer intern program?
- Developmental workshops
- Q&A sessions with senior leadership
- Formal mentors
- Diversity programming
- Popcorn sessions – an opportunity for exposure to and interaction with other business areas
- Formal evaluations - performed at the middle and end of the summer
The St. Louis Fed has internship opportunities for students who possess strong interpersonal, analytical, communication and organizational skills with a solid work ethic and strong motivation to learn. Recruiting begins each September. For consideration in the internship program, contact us at STLS.TalentAcquisitionTeam@stls.frb.org.