We Have a Place for You
The St. Louis Fed provides a variety of paid internships for undergraduate and graduate students. Most assignments are project-based. In addition to work experience, Bank internships also provide mentoring, networking and training opportunities to benefit students’ personal and professional development. Interns will gain exposure to a variety of business areas in the Bank.
We have opportunities for students studying in a variety of areas:
The week-long Bank Interdisciplinary Experience (BIE) capstone project gives students an opportunity to use their learned skills on real Bank issues with a team of other interns. Interns will get to use knowledge gained during the summer from both workshops and on-the-job experiences. Intern teams present the project solution at the end of the week to a panel of judges composed of Bank leaders. Judges evaluate each presentation based upon a consistent rubric. The winning team is announced at the BIE Week reception and awards ceremony.
Benefits and Culture
- Perks: fitness center, mentor program and business casual attire
- Work Culture Groups:
- Wellness Committee
- FEVR (Fed Employee Volunteer Resources) Group
- Green Team
- St. Louis Fed Employee Resource Groups (ERGs):
- African-American Council of Talented, Innovative and Visionary Employees: AACTIVE supports the African-American community at the Bank.
- Asian Employee Resource Group: AERG supports the Asian community at the Bank.
- Central Pride supports LGBTQ+ employees and their allies at the Bank.
- Valuing, Inspiring, Empowering Women: VIEW creates awareness around gender-related issues and experiences at the Bank.
- Serving, Educating, Reaching Veteran Employees: SERVE supports the issues and goals of military veteran employees at the Bank.
What can you expect in the Eighth District summer intern program?
- Developmental workshops
- Q&A sessions with senior leadership
- Formal mentors
- Diversity programming
- Popcorn sessions – an opportunity for exposure to and interaction with other business areas
- Formal evaluations - performed at the middle and end of the summer
The St. Louis Fed has internship opportunities for students who possess strong interpersonal, analytical, communication and organizational skills with a solid work ethic and strong motivation to learn. Recruiting begins each September. For consideration in the internship program, contact us at STLS.TalentAcquisitionTeam@stls.frb.org.