Currency Operations Careers
Employees in Currency Operations receive, process, pay out, destroy and validate currency in a highly controlled, regulated and secure environment. They adhere to a strict set of defined rules and regulations. Learn more about working in Currency Operations (PDF).
Get a glimpse inside Currency Operations at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in this video.
Successful candidates will be comfortable with the following:
- Operating high-speed equipment
- Adhering to stringent procedures and controls
- Navigating complex inventory tracking systems
- Working in a results-oriented, collaborative team environment
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Punctuality and dependability
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaboration and teamwork are central to our organization
- Named a Top Workplace in St. Louis
- Work with a diverse team from a variety of backgrounds
- Tuition reimbursement supports continued learning
- Generous health insurance and retirement plan
- Consistent work schedule
Career Support, Growth and Advancement
- Individual plan for personal development and goals
- Opportunity to engage with other resources in the Bank
- Professional development learning opportunities
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, St. Louis Fed employees appreciate work-life offerings such as: dress-for-your-day attire; discounted parking and bus passes; on-site fitness center (St. Louis); and health and wellness programs.
Wonder who works at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis? Our employees bring diverse experiences and viewpoints. Jobs range from bank examiners to graphic designers, ITS professionals to economists.
Diversity isn’t just talked about at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis; it’s practiced in every area of our organization. We believe that our differences are what make us stronger.