The St. Louis Fed ensures that employees feel appreciated, rewarded and prepared for the future. That's why the Bank offers a carefully planned and comprehensive benefits package that reflects employees’ needs—and those of their family—with an emphasis on flexibility, convenience and choice.
- Medical Coverage: Bank employees can choose from a variety of health plans to meet their needs. Healthcare coverage includes domestic partner benefits.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage includes options through a choice of plans.
- Life Insurance: Employees are covered by a life insurance benefit that provides financial protection for family members. Employees may also purchase additional coverage.
- Thrift Plan (401k): It's never too early or too late to begin saving for retirement or other major expenses. The Thrift Plan provides an opportunity to contribute to both a savings and a deferred compensation account with full vesting after five years of service.
- Retirement Plan: Employees are able to participate in the Bank’s retirement plan with full vesting after five years.
- Educational Assistance: The Bank offers assistance to employees enrolled in an approved degree program.
- Career Development: The Bank helps employees develop their competencies, skills and knowledge. Resources include a mentoring program, professional development seminars and in-house training.
- Paid Time Off: The Bank offers paid time off that includes holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Employees can set aside pretax dollars for eligible medical and dependent-care expenses.
- Adoption Assistance: The Bank offers some aid for qualified adoption expenses.
- Flexible Work Practices: For some departments and positions, flexible scheduling, telecommuting and remote work arrangements are available options.
- Parental Leave: Parental leave is available to birth mothers, fathers, domestic partners, single parents and adoptive parents.
Additional Optional Benefits
- The Bank also provides employees the option of purchasing other benefits, including emergency back-up care for employees’ dependents, as well as disability, auto, home and legal insurance.
- The Bank offers an employee assistance program.