The mission of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is to promote stable prices, encourage maximum sustainable economic growth and support
financial stability for constituents in our District and throughout the United States, by:
- advancing monetary policy focused on low inflation;
- performing effectively as the fiscal agent and depository of the U.S. Treasury;
- fostering safe and responsible banking practices;
- providing beneficial regional economic research, community development programs, and economic and financial education; and
- providing and promoting efficient, reliable and accessible payments services.
The core values that guide the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ organizational decisions and employees’ actions are:
- Commitment to the Public Interest: We provide value-added goods and services to the public, U.S. government and the financial community consistent with our mission and mindful of our legacy.
- Constituent Focus: We endeavor to understand our constituents' needs and we design, enhance and deliver high-quality goods and services in response.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We value the diversity of one another and the benefits derived from collaboration, teamwork and open communications.
- Independence of Views: We value professional judgment and seek input from a variety of sources to improve decision-making.
- Innovation: We strive to foster an innovative culture where all employees promote and support the pursuit of creative ideas for improvement.
- Integrity and Respect: We seek to operate in a transparent manner and adhere to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and discretion in our dealings with the public, business partners and our colleagues.
- Ownership: We value personal ownership and accountability as a key to fostering high levels of performance.