The Federal Reserve promotes a healthy economy and financial stability. We do this by:
- Pursuing maximum employment, stable prices and moderate long-term interest rates;
- Ensuring safety and soundness of the nation's banking and financial system and protecting the credit rights of consumers;
- Maintaining stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk; and
- Providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government and foreign official institutions.
The core values that guide the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ organizational decisions and employees’ actions are:
- Commitment to the Public Interest: Our work is centered around the benefits our mission brings to the public.
- Constituent Focus: We proactively seek input from our constituents and provide value-added services to them consistent with our mission.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We value the diversity of one another and the benefits derived from collaboration, teamwork and open communications.
- Independence of Views: We value professional judgment and seek input from a variety of sources to improve decision-making.
- Innovation: We promote and support the pursuit of creative ideas for improvement.
- Integrity and Respect: We operate in a transparent manner and adhere to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and discretion in our dealings with the public, business partners and our colleagues.
- Ownership: We value personal ownership and accountability as a key to fostering high levels of performance.