The Federal Reserve promotes a healthy economy and financial stability. We do this by:
- Pursuing maximum employment, stable prices and moderate long-term interest rates;
- Ensuring safety and soundness of the nation's banking and financial system and protecting the credit rights of consumers;
- Maintaining stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk; and
- Providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government and foreign official institutions.
The core values that guide the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ organizational decisions and employees’ actions are:
- Commitment to the Public Interest: We serve the public and our constituents with passion, purpose and stewardship.
- Integrity: We operate according to the highest ethical standards.
- Independent Thinking: We challenge conventional views and offer alternative solutions to improve decision-making.
- Inclusion: We thrive as a diverse organization and rely on the diversity and unique contributions of others to create superior business results.
- Innovation: We excel through experimentation and generating new ideas that lead to continuous improvement as well as transformational solutions.
- Personal Leadership: We support and inspire each other as we tackle emerging issues and advance the Bank’s priorities.