Louisville Regional Economic Briefing: Welcome
Maria Hampton, vice president and regional executive at the Louisville Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, welcomes attendees to "Louisville's Dialogue with the Fed: A Regional Economic Briefing." Hampton discusses how the collection of anecdotal research from local business and community leaders has proven to be a valuable resource. Knowledge of these everyday business experiences, Hampton explains, helps the St. Louis Fed president and other Fed economists provide more comprehensive forecasts. Hampton then introduces the four speakers: Kevin Kliesen, business economist and research officer at the St. Louis Fed; Charles Gascon, regional economist with the St. Louis Fed; Charles "Chip" Blankenship, Ph.D., president and CEO or GE Appliances and Lighting; and Ted Smith, Ph.D, chief of economic growth and innovation at Louisville Metro Government.
- Part 1: Welcome and Introductions, Maria Hampton (6:58)
- Part 2: National Overview, Kevin Kliesen (17:54)
- Part 3: Louisville's Economy, Charles Gascon (23:03)
- Part 4: Introductions, Maria Hampton (5:06)
- Part 5: Doing Business in Louisville, Charles "Chip" Blankenship, Ph.D. (9:03)
- Part 6: Capital Investments Help Stabilize Louisville Economy, Ted Smith, Ph.D. (4:34)
- Part 7: Vision Louisville Discussion (4:29)
- Part 8: Q&A Session (19:00)
This popular lecture series addresses key issues and provides the opportunity to ask questions of Fed experts. Views expressed are not necessarily those of the St. Louis Fed or Federal Reserve System.
Ellen Amato | 314‑202‑9909