Louisville Regional Economic Briefing: Capital Investments Help Stabilize Louisville Economy
Ted Smith, Ph.D., is the chief of economic growth and innovation at Louisville Metro Government. Smith highlights how capital investments made by companies such as GE and Ford have helped to structurally stabilize the Louisville economy. He also acknowledges the need to rebuild the workforce to meet current employer needs, especially in regard to middle-skill workers. He then discusses the need to encourage the continued growth of this skill set for the future.
- Part 1: Welcome and Introductions, Maria Hampton (6:58)
- Part 2: National Overview, Kevin Kliesen (17:54)
- Part 3: Louisville's Economy, Charles Gascon (23:03)
- Part 4: Introductions, Maria Hampton (5:06)
- Part 5: Doing Business in Louisville, Charles "Chip" Blankenship, Ph.D. (9:03)
- Part 6: Capital Investments Help Stabilize Louisville Economy, Ted Smith, Ph.D. (4:34)
- Part 7: Vision Louisville Discussion (4:29)
- Part 8: Q&A Session (19:00)
Get notified about upcoming events and videos. This popular lecture series, open to the public, addresses key issues of the day. It also provides the opportunity to ask questions of Fed experts. Views expressed are not necessarily those of the St. Louis Fed or Federal Reserve System.
Ellen Amato | 314‑202‑9909