Bloomberg Radio Visits the St. Louis Fed, Economist David Andolfatto: Bitcoin, Other Virtual Currencies
April 2, 2014
According to Vice President and Economist David Andolfatto, Bitcoin is part of the revolution in information technology that will one day permit us to transfer property at much lower cost, bypassing traditional middlemen. Andolfatto also discussed this topic at the Dialogue with the Fed held March 31, 2014, “Bitcoin and Beyond: The Possibilities and Pitfalls of Virtual Currencies.”
Audio courtesy of Bloomberg Radio.
Having trouble with the audio? Download the MP3.
- President Bullard: Forward Guidance, Tapering, Economic Outlook (30:31)
- Research Director Chris Waller: St. Louis Fed's View on Monetary Policy, Economy (6:56)
- Economist David Andolfatto: Bitcoin, Other Virtual Currencies (6:09)
- Economist David Wiczer: Labor Markets, Long-Term Unemployment (11:24)
- D. Bryan Jordan of First Horizon National Corporation, St. Louis Fed Board Member (6:08)