Bullard Discusses Labor Markets, Inflation, Forward Guidance during Panel
February 12, 2014
Regarding forward guidance, St. Louis Fed President James Bullard noted that the thresholds have been useful in giving the clear message that the FOMC would be patient before raising the policy rate. His comments were during a panel discussion at the Annual Economic Update hosted by the European-American Chamber of Commerce and SGH Macro Advisors. (1:19:25)
- Bullard Sees Fed Swapping Thresholds for Qualitative Views, by Caroline Salas Gage and Jeff Kearns, Bloomberg.
- Fed's Bullard Sees 3% GDP Likely for 2014, by Michael S. Derby, Dow Jones.
- Bullard: Fed to normalize policy, Investor's Business Daily.
- St Louis Fed Bullard: Expect Qualitative Shift In Forward Guidance, by Karen Mracek, Market News International.
- Jobless drop will force Fed to more 'traditional' policy: Bullard, by Jonathan Spicer, Reuters.
- Puzzling U.S. inflation could complicate things for Fed: Bullard, by Jonathan Spicer, Reuters.
- Asset bubbles risk grows with better U.S. economy - Fed's Bullard, Reuters.