The Tapering Debate: Data and Tools
November 1, 2013
St. Louis Fed President James Bullard discussed current monetary policy tools and the data dependency of tapering at the Financial Forum hosted by the St. Louis Regional Chamber. Bullard said that data dependence encompasses both cumulative progress in labor markets since the FOMC’s asset purchase program began and a judgment concerning the sustainability of that progress.
Presentation (pdf) | Press Release
Related News Articles:
- Bullard Says Labor Market Gains Could Back QE Taper Case, by Steve Matthews, Bloomberg.
- Fed's Bullard: Further Job Market Gains Will Lead to Taper, by Michael S. Derby, Dow Jones.
- Fed may have to accept market taper view: Bullard, by Greg Robb, MarketWatch.
- Fed's Bullard: Oct Meeting Not 'Right Juncture' For Tapering, by Karen Mracek, Market News International.
- Fed's Bullard: need confidence job gains will stick before taper, by Alister Bull, Reuters.
- Tapering decision will probably be left to the Yellen Fed, by David Nicklaus, St. Louis Post-Dispatch.