Which ruling/legislation do you think will have the greatest impact on community and economic development?
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act: The new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will focus on financial education, consumer complaints, financial education for older Americans, and fair lending and equal opportunity.
- New credit card protection rules: Include changes to late fees and inactivity fees, and explanation of rate increases.
- Credit Card Act of 2009 and final provisions applicable to gift cards: Include longer expiration periods, limits on certain fees and new card disclosures.
- New overdraft rules for debit and ATM cards: New and existing customers can opt in—or opt out—for overdraft protection for debit and ATM cards.
Take the poll. Results are not scientific and are for informational purposes only.
The previous poll focused on small business financing, and asked:
Which of the following items do you believe could have the most impact for ensuring access to financing creditworthy small businesses?
Based on 50 responses:
- 56 percent said encouraging private-sector innovation
- 14 percent said undertaking regulatory solutions
- 30 percent said enhancing public-sector support