Women in Economics: Symposium and Podcast Series
Women in Economics Symposium
The 2023 Women in Economics Symposium Featured:
- Stephanie Aaronson, senior associate director, Division of Research and Statistics, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Daryl Fairweather, chief economist, Redfin
- For members of the media, contact Shera Dalin, Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For educators, contact Scott Wolla at 314-444-8624 or email@example.com.
Women in Economics Podcast Series
This series highlights the studies and careers of prominent economists in this global profession. Listen to Women in Economics online or stream and subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
History of the Women in Economics Symposium
This annual symposium began in 2018 at the St. Louis Fed, along with the Women in Economics Podcast Series. This initiative is designed to connect young women with accomplished women in the economics profession who share the story of their career journey—helping inspire women who wonder if economics is a profession they should (and actually could) pursue.
The St. Louis Fed continues to encourage women and underrepresented minorities to pursue economics.
- Watch videos from the 2022 event, which featured Betsey Stevenson, Tisha Emerson, Kristen Broady, Marie Mora, and Stacey Vanek Smith. Attendees learned there is an increased need for a diverse group of economists to provide different perspectives as they research important pandemic-related issues (labor shortages, inflation and economic inequality, to name a few).
- Watch videos from the 2021 event, held virtually, which featured Lisa D. Cook, Brigitte Madrian, Marie T. Mora, Nancy Rose and Abigail Wozniak. Attendees learned how economists can help save the environment; reduce income inequality; improve healthcare outcomes; help people make better decisions; and reduce the severity of economic recessions.
- Watch video from the 2020 event, held in Cleveland, which featured Julianne Malveaux and Lisa Cook.
- Watch videos from the 2019 event, held in St. Louis, which featured Loretta Mester, Amanda Bayer, and Kate Warne. Mester presented “Increasing Diversity, Inclusion, and Opportunity in Economics: Perspectives of a Brown-Eyed Economist.”
- Watch videos from the 2018 event, held in St. Louis, including Mary Daly's presentation “21st Century Economics: The Importance of You.”
Join our mailing list and receive email invitations to the St. Louis Fed's educational conferences and workshops.