The Economic Lowdown podcast series is produced by the Economic Education department of the St. Louis Fed for high school and college students. The series covers topics in economics, banking and monetary policy. The podcasts use clear, simple language to describe the economic concepts presented. In the end, students see how economic principles affect the choices they make in their everyday lives.
• To provide students with online questions following each episode, register your class through the Instructor Management Panel.
More about the Q&A Resources for Teachers and Students »
Similar topics are available in the Economic Lowdown Video Series.
• Episode 1 - Opportunity Cost
• Episode 2 - Factors of Production
• Episode 3 - The Role of Self-Interest and Competition in a Market Economy
• Episode 4 - Inflation
• Episode 5 - Unemployment
• Episode 6 - Demand
• Episode 7 - Supply
• Episode 8 - Market Equilibrium
• Episode 9 - Functions of Money
• Episode 10 - Labor Market
• Episode 11 - Externalities
• Episode 12 - Price Signals
• Episode 13 - Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
• Episode 14 - Getting Real about Interest Rates
• Episode 15 - Economic Growth
• Episode 16 - Elasticity of Demand
• Episode 17 - Public Goods
• Episode 18 - The Business Cycle
If you have difficulty accessing this content due to a disability, please contact us at 314-444-4662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.