Workforce Development Survey Results
In 2015, the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis distributed a survey to collect data about workforce development trends and outlooks that affect low- and moderate-income individuals and households in Missouri.
The St. Louis Fed partnered with eight local organizations deeply involved in workforce development who distributed the survey to their networks. We would like to recognize and thank these partners:
- St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment
- St. Louis County Division of Workforce Development
- Jefferson/Franklin County Employment Consortium
- St. Charles County Department of Workforce & Business Development
- Madison County Employment and Training Department
- St. Clair County Intergovernmental Grants Department
- United Way of Greater St. Louis
- STL Youth Jobs
Responses were received from 123 stakeholders between Oct. 12 and Nov. 20, 2015. A variety of community stakeholders were invited to participate, including workforce development providers and intermediaries. Common types of services offered by providers include soft skills training, job search, job training and job placement. Intermediaries tended to be organizations that fund providers, advocate for policies and research topics related to workforce development, and convene forums on the issue.