Thursday, Nov. 3, 2016 | 2-7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 4, 2016 | 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
One Federal Reserve Bank Plaza
Broadway and Locust Street
St. Louis, Mo. 63102 (map it)
Educating Students for a Changing World
Are today's students ready for the labor force? As the economy changes, so do the skills needed by employers. Students also arrive on campus with changing expectations, abilities, and aptitudes. All this leads to changing expectations for colleges, universities, and professors. What lies ahead? Join the discussion by attending the 14th annual St. Louis Fed Professors Conference.
This year, the conference speakers and features will include:
- Stephen Williamson, a St. Louis Fed vice president and economist, who will discuss, "Low Inflation, Phillips Curves, and Neo-Fisherism"
- Chris Waller, executive vice president and director of research at the St. Louis Fed, who will participate in a panel discussion on what's new in economic research;
- Kevin Kliesen, St. Louis Fed business economist and research officer, who will give an economic outlook;
- Carlos Asarta, professor and director of the Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship at the University of Delaware, who will talk about teaching "digital-minded" students;
- Kim Holder, lecturer and director of the Center for Economic Education at the University of West Georgia, will present "Music Matters: Using Rockonomix to Teach the Next Generation;"
- concurrent sessions with presentations from college professors on teaching and learning economics;
- an update on the Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) database; and information about internship opportunities at the St. Louis Fed for your students.
Don't miss out. Register by Oct. 28, 2016.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation and accommodations.
See what you missed at the 2015 conference.
The Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch is holding rooms for Professors Conference attendees. The room rate for singles is $125 plus tax. Overnight parking is $16.
Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch
2 S. Fourth St.
St. Louis, MO 63102
Individual reservations can be made at www.druryhotels.com. Reservations can also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and referring to Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Professors Conference.
NOTE: Please make your reservations by Oct. 13, 2016, to receive the group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rates and availability.