Click here to view the presentations and photos from the event.
Click here to view the participants.
Has the Great Recession Changed Our Understanding and Teaching of Economics?
The Great Recession has changed life for many people, but, has the Great Recession changed our understanding of economics? If so, has it changed the way we teach economics in the classroom? Join the discussion by attending our annual professors conference.
This year, the conference will include:
- Stephen Williamson, vice president and economist, who will discuss "How Has the Great Recession Changed Our Understanding of Macroeconomics?"
- William Emmons, assistant vice president and economist, who will discuss "How Has the Great Recession Impacted Household Financial Stability?"
- David Anderson, Paul G. Blazer Professor of Economics, Centre College, will discuss: Video Snippets in the Economics Classroom
- Concurrent sessions with presentations from college professors on teaching and learning economics (see "Call for Presentation Proposals")
- An update on Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED®)—graphs, tools, customized dashboards and more!
- Information about internship opportunities at the St. Louis Fed for your students!
The registration deadline is Thursday, Nov. 5.
The Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch is holding rooms for Professors Conference attendees. The room rate is $115 plus tax for singles. Overnight parking is $16.
Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch
2 S. Fourth St.
St. Louis, MO 63102
Individual reservations can be made at www.druryhotels.com. Reservations can also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to group number 2240605.
NOTE: Please make your reservations by Oct. 11, 2015, to receive the group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rates and availability.