Sign Up for the 2022 Community Banking Research Conference, Sept. 28-29
ST. LOUIS ― Community bankers, academics, policymakers and bank supervisors will meet Sept. 28-29 for the 10th annual Community Banking Research Conference at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and online.
The conference, formerly titled the Community Banking in the 21st Century Research and Policy Conference, is co-sponsored by the Federal Reserve System, the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC). The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis will host the hybrid conference.
This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Michelle Bowman, member, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, at 10 a.m. CT on Sept. 28
- Martin Gruenberg, acting chairman, FDIC, at 1:30 p.m. CT on Sept. 28 (virtual)
- Clayton Legear, president and CEO, Merchants & Marine Bank, at 9 a.m. CT on Sept. 29
Other notable highlights from the conference agenda include:
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard will give welcoming remarks at 9 a.m. CT on Sept. 28
- Federal Reserve Board of Governors Chair Jerome Powell will give a pre-recorded special video welcome at 9:15 a.m. CT on Sept. 28
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City President Esther George will give special video remarks at 1:25 p.m. CT on Sept. 28
2022 CSBS National Survey of Community Banks
Results of the 2022 CSBS National Survey of Community Banks will be presented at 9:30 a.m. CT on Sept. 28. Since 2014, the national survey has provided insights into the opportunities and challenges that banks faced during the previous year.
2022 CSBS Case Study Competition
James Madison University, in Harrisonburg, Va., and the winning team of this year’s CSBS Community Bank Case Study Competition, will present at 4:30 p.m. CT on Sept. 28. This year, student teams partnered with local community banks to examine how institutions have navigated changes over the past decade and what to expect in the next 10 years.
Panel Discussion: Tech-Enabled Relationship Lending
This year’s panel discussion, moderated by the FDIC’s Brian Sullivan, will examine the future of tech-enabled relationship lending. The discussion will take place at 11:30 a.m. CT on Sept. 29.
- Gregory Hayes, president and CEO, Kish Bank, Belleville, Pa.
- Nicole Lorch, president and chief operating officer, First Internet Bank, Fishers, Ind.
- Amanda Swoverland, chief compliance officer, Unit, New York
Research Papers and Presenting Authors
Eleven papers were selected to be presented at this year’s conference:
The complete agenda can be found on the conference website.
* Note to Media *
Media interested in attending the 2022 Community Banking Research Conference in-person or virtually must register in advance with Maria Hasenstab, St. Louis Fed media coordinator, at email@example.com.