2013 Homer Jones Memorial Lecture, Glenn Hubbard, Questions and Answers
April 3, 2013
The 2013 Homer Jones Memorial Lecture, featured R. Glenn Hubbard, dean and Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics at Columbia University. Professor Hubbard presented “A Roadmap for Financial Regulatory Reform” in the Bank’s Gateway Conference Center Auditorium.
After giving the 2013 Homer Jones Memorial Lecture, Professor Glenn Hubbard takes questions from the audience on such topics as contagion, the effectiveness of past and current regulatory efforts, and being prepared for financial crises before they hit.
- Introduction, St. Louis Fed President James Bullard
- Presentation, Glenn Hubbard
- Questions and Answers
The Homer Jones Memorial Lecture Series honors those who exemplify the highest qualities of leadership in economics and public policy. As research director, and later as senior vice president at the St. Louis Fed, Homer Jones (1906-1986) played a major role in developing the Bank as a leader in monetary research and statistics.
The Homer Jones Memorial Lecture Series is sponsored by:
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- St. Louis Gateway Chapter of the National Association for Business Economics
- Saint Louis University
- Southern Illinois University–Edwardsville
- University of Missouri–St. Louis
- Washington University in St. Louis