GDP and Pizza: Economics for Life Online Module for Teachers and Students
GDP and Pizza: Economics for Life is designed to help students in civics, economics and other social studies classes grasp challenging economic content – and to explain why these topics are important for citizens to understand.
- Preview the GDP and Pizza: Economics for Life Online Module.
- Visit the Econ Lowdown Teacher Portal to register your students for one or more of our online modules.
- Learn more about Econ Lowdown and watch a tutorial.
The module includes numerous interactive checks for understanding, video clips of a Fed economist explaining concepts and everyday examples that will make sense to students. In addition, students complete a pre- and post-test to assess learning.
Section One covers:
- the definition Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- the components of GDP
- per capita GDP
Section Two covers:
- real vs. nominal GDP
- levels vs. percentage change
- importance of a growing economy
- trend growth rate
- uses for GDP data
- automatic stabilizers
Related: View the GDP and Pizza Short Modules for Teachers and Students. The short modules are:
This lesson received the 2015 Curriculum Gold Award from the National Association of Economic Educators.
Read more about our award-winning resources »
If you have difficulty accessing this content due to a disability, please contact us at 314-444-4662 or email@example.com.