Mission and Core Values
The mission of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is to promote stable prices, encourage maximum sustainable economic growth and support financial stability for constituents in our District and throughout the United States, by:
- advancing monetary policy focused on low inflation;
- performing effectively as the fiscal agent and depository of the U.S. Treasury;
- fostering safe and responsible banking practices;
- providing beneficial regional economic research, community development programs, and economic and financial education; and
- providing and promoting efficient, reliable and accessible payments services.
The core values that guide the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ organizational decisions and employees’ actions are a commitment to the public interest, a focus on our constituents, diversity and inclusion, independence of views, innovation, integrity and respect, and ownership.
Read more about the Bank's mission and core values.