2012 Homer Jones Memorial Lecture
April 11, 2012
The 2012 Homer Jones Memorial Lecture featured Mohamed El-Erian, CEO and co-CIO of the investment firm PIMCO. Dr. El-Erian presented "Evolution, Impact and Limitations of Unusual Central Bank Policy Activism."
Welcoming Remarks by James Bullard
Lecture by Mohamed El-Erian
Read the article in the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Review: Evolution, Impact, and Limitations of Unusual Central Bank Policy Activism.
About the Homer Jones Memorial Lecture Series
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- St. Louis Gateway Chapter of the National Association for Business Economics
- Saint Louis University
- Southern Illinois University—Edwardsville
- University of Missouri—St. Louis
- Washington University in St. Louis
The St. Louis Fed's annual Homer Jones Memorial Lecture honors those who exemplify the highest qualities of leadership in economics and public policy. Jones (1906-1986) was a longtime research director at the St. Louis Fed, playing a major role in developing the St. Louis Fed as a leader in monetary research and statistics.