16th Annual Professors Conference
Diversity in the Economics Classroom and in the Discipline
The Economic Education department of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis requests proposals for concurrent session presentations at its 2018 professors conference.
The conference will begin at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1, and conclude at 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2. It includes a reception and dinner on Thursday evening and breakfast and lunch on Friday. The conference is free, but all presenters must be registered. Presenters are responsible for their own transportation and accommodations.
Learn more and register.
Concurrent sessions are 75 minutes with three presenters assigned to each session. Please plan on limiting your presentation to 20 minutes, which will allow 20 minutes for each of the other presentations and 15 minutes at the end for questions from the audience.
Audiovisual equipment (a screen, projector, computer, and sound) will be provided in each room. The number of conference attendees typically is 100.
Concurrent session tracks
- Teaching Diverse Audiences
- Best Practices for Teaching at the Introductory / Principles Level
- Engaging Students in the Large Lecture Classroom
- Flipped Classroom Approaches
- Best Practices in Pedagogy and Assessment
To submit a proposal to be part of a session, please provide the following information via email by 5 p.m. July 31, 2018, to Erin Yetter at email@example.com:
- Presentation title
- Contact information for the person submitting the proposal and for each additional presenter:
- Institution name
- Institution address (City, State, ZIP code)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Sixty words or less to include in the conference program
- Presentation description
- In 500 words or less, please describe:
- Objectives: Clearly state your goals for this presentation. What session track are you applying for? What do you hope to accomplish?
- Content/Skills: Describe in detail what participants will learn by attending this presentation. What new skills, teaching methods, content, lesson ideas or applications of technology will they come away with?
- Presentation Strategies: Tell us how you intend to present your material. Indicate opportunities for audience participation. Describe any materials you plan to hand out.
Proposals will be reviewed by a committee that will include professors. You will be notified about selection decisions by Aug. 31.