Bitcoin and Beyond: Welcoming Remarks
Julie Stackhouse, senior vice president and managing officer of Banking Supervision, Credit, Community Development and Learning Innovation for the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, welcomes attendees to the March 31, 2014, “Dialogue with the Fed” on the topic of bitcoin and other virtual currencies. Stackhouse introduces the featured speaker, David Andolfatto, a vice president in the Research division at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, who offers an engaging look at the virtual currency revolution and its impact on our money and payments system.
- Part 1: Introduction and Welcoming Remarks (6:23)
- Part 2 An Overview of Bitcoin (12:19)
- Part 3 How Does Bitcoin Work? (13:10)
- Part 4 How Big Is Bitcoin and Is It Stable? (19:01)
- Part 5 Legal and Illegal Trading of Bitcoin (4:41)
- Part 6 Conclusion (4:03)
- Part 7 Audience Question-and-Answer Session (36:19)
Get notified about upcoming events and videos. This popular lecture series, open to the public, addresses key issues of the day. It also provides the opportunity to ask questions of Fed experts. Views expressed are not necessarily those of the St. Louis Fed or Federal Reserve System.
Ellen Amato | 314‑202‑9909