Payment System Risk
In support of the Federal Reserve System's Payment System Risk Policy, staff members in the St. Louis Fed's Payment Risk Management Department are responsible for:
- monitoring the use of intraday credit that is extended to Eighth District account holders,
- assisting institutions in complying with the policy,
- monitoring overnight overdrafts and
- implementing special account controls when conditions warrant.
Payment System Risk Documents:
- Account Management Guide (PDF) is a comprehensive reference guide for helping financial institutions manage their master accounts.
- Operating Circular 1 (PDF) contains the terms for opening, maintaining, and terminating a master account with a Federal Reserve Bank, as well as general provisions regarding Reserve Bank services applicable to institutions whether or not they maintain a Reserve Bank account.