Payment Risk Management
Payment System Risk
In support of the Federal Reserve System's Payment System Risk Policy, staff members in the St. Louis Fed's Payment Risk Management Department are responsible for:
- monitoring the use of intraday credit that is extended to Eighth District account holders,
- assisting institutions in complying with the policy,
- monitoring overnight overdrafts and
- implementing special account controls when conditions warrant.
Payment System Risk Documents:
- Account Management Guide is a comprehensive reference guide for helping financial institutions manage their master accounts.
- Operating Circular 1 contains the terms for opening, maintaining, and terminating a master account with a Federal Reserve Bank, as well as general provisions regarding Reserve Bank services applicable to institutions whether or not they maintain a Reserve Bank account.