Part 4: The Aftermath of the Crisis
March 29, 2012, 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 CDT
March 20, 2012 Part 1: Origins and Mission of the Federal Reserve
March 22, 2012 Part 2: The Federal Reserve after World War II
March 27, 2012 Part 3: The Federal Reserve's Response to the Financial Crisis
March 29, 2012 Part 4: The Aftermath of the Crisis
In the final lecture, Chairman Ben Bernanke discusses the monetary policy responses to the recession, the sluggish recovery, changes in financial regulation that followed the crisis and the implications of the crisis for central bank practice in the future.
The lectures are being offered as part of an undergraduate course at the George Washington University School of Business.
Transcripts and video recordings will be posted after each lecture.
- Don't Expect Consumer Spending To Be the Engine of Economic Growth It Once Was
- Rebuilding Household Balance Sheets: Ray Boshara's Testimony to the U.S. Senate
- Banking Industry Consolidation and Market Structure: Impact of the Financial Crisis and Recession
- Financial Regulation: A Primer on the Dodd-Frank Act
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Times of Crisis
- The Dual Mandate: Has the Fed Changed Its Objective?
Improve Your Economic Knowledge
Our Economic Education team has developed awarding-winning economic education programs that help students understand how the Federal Reserve System works.
February 28, 2014
February 19, 2014
February 12, 2014
December 5, 2013
November 18, 2013
November 20, 2013
8th DISTRICT BEIGE BOOK
March 5, 2014
Dec. 12, 2013
Aug. 23, 2013