Part 3: The Federal Reserve's Response to the Financial Crisis
March 27, 2012, 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 CDT
March 20, 2012 Part 1: Origins and Mission of the Federal Reserve
March 22, 2012 Part 2: The Federal Reserve after World War II
March 27, 2012 Part 3: The Federal Reserve's Response to the Financial Crisis
March 29, 2012 Part 4: The Aftermath of the Crisis
In the third lecture, Chairman Ben Bernanke describes the financial stability policy responses taken by the Federal Reserve and others in wake of the latest crisis and recession.
The lectures are part of an undergraduate course at the George Washington University School of Business, in Washington, D.C.
Transcripts and video recordings will be posted after each lecture.
- Then and Now: Fed Policy Actions During the Great Depression and Great Recession
- Lessons Learned? Comparing the Federal Reserve's Responses to the Crises of 1929-1933 and 2007-2009
- Federal Response to Home Mortgage Distress
- Housing's Great Fall: Putting Household Balance Sheets Together Again
- A Closer Look: Assistance Programs in the Wake of the Crisis
Improve Your Economic Knowledge
Our Economic Education team has developed awarding-winning economic education programs that help students understand how the Federal Reserve System works.
April 3, 2013
April 9, 2013
March 19, 2013
March 12, 2013
March 11, 2013
April 17, 2013
March 14, 2013
Apr. 3, 2013