Read each clue below and decide what word from the Great Depression Curriculum that the clue describes.
Find and circle the word in the word search puzzle above.
1. When a bank run begins at one bank and spreads to others, causing people to lose confidence in banks.
2. Businesses that accept deposits and make loans.
3. Abbreviation for a measure of the prices paid by urban consumers for a market basket of consumer goods and services.
4. A general downward movement of prices for goods and services in an economy.
5. A very severe recession; a period of severely declining economic activity spread across the economy (not limited to particular sectors or regions) normally visible in a decline in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, wholesale-retail credit and the loss of overall confidence in the economy.
6. The central bank of the United States.
7. The spending and taxing policies used by the federal government to influence the economy.
8. The market value of all final goods and services produced within an economy during a year.
9. A general, sustained upward movement of prices for goods and services in an economy.
10. The percentage of the labor force that is willing and able to work, does not currently have a job and is actively looking for employment.
11. Central bank actions involving the use of interest rate or money supply tools to achieve such goals as maximum employment, stable prices and moderate long-term interest rates.