- EconLowDown: Looking for a free summer professional development workshop?
AP Economics (St. Louis)
Economic Episodes in... http://t.co/2grocIaaGv
about 1 week ago
- EconLowDown: Do you include current events in your lesson planning?
Try Page One Economics Classroom Edition. The May 2013... http://t.co/lz89pSXdLR
about 2 weeks ago
- EconLowDown: Do you a tablet or a smart phone?
Take a look at the St. Louis Fed’s Econ Ed Mobile Learning app for the iPad,... http://t.co/4hie4FgK24
about 3 weeks ago
Econ Ed Mobile Learning App
Take a look at the St. Louis Fed’s Econ Ed Mobile Learning app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. The app allows you to visualize and understand how inflation and the cost of credit can affect your spending and saving decisions. What you find may surprise you!
As you may have learned, economics is all about making wise choices as citizens, workers and consumers.
With the app, you can:
- investigate the cost of goods and services purchased in one year compared with another year;
- use interactive graphs to compare inflation rates at various points in our nation’s history;
- examine how interest rates, monthly payments and time can affect the overall cost of using credit;
- play two challenge games to see how well you can estimate the cost of credit and the price of goods and services over time; and
- try to Beat the Expert, the newest budget challenge game pitting your financial prowess against a seasoned specialist. Good luck!
The app is free to download. If you encounter problems or have suggestions for improving our app, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ economic education and personal finance courses, please visit www.stlouisfed.org/education_resources.